Monday, May 3, 2010

Be Green

So, I have a few good ideas on how to clean your house with all non-toxic earth friendly cleaners. It is quite simple I bought some squirt bottles($1), Vinegar($2), Borax($3), Tea Tree Oil($9), and baking soda. I have a few recipes that I think work pretty darn well compared to the Lysol Products that we all have bought. I did quite a bit of research on the subject and it's amazing that we all still can breathe:)

Windows:
2 cups water
2ups Vinegar
For the best results spray on window,or mirror use Black and White newspaper and dry off. They will sparkle and the birds will really think your window is open...If you have some streaks go over with dry newspaper.

Mold/Mildew:

2 Tsp Tea Tree Oil
2 Cups Water

Directions spray on problem area and leave. Do not Rinse..

All Purpose Cleaner:

1/4 Cup Vinegar
1 Tsp Borax
Mix with 1 liter of water...

This is great for everywhere..My granite looks freaking sweet!

Floors:

Mix a gallon of water with 1/2 cup of Vinegar..For spot cleaning mix some Vinegar with Water in a squirt bottle for those in between cleanings.

Disinfectant:
2 Tsp Borax
4 TBLS Vinegar
3 Cups hot water

Wipe on damp cloth or use spray bottle for areas.

Baking soda is awesome it has many uses and you can use it everywhere in your house. Make a paste and it will clean you bathtubs, sinks and your Shower floor. Mix baking Soda and Water to form a paste and go at it. It's great on tile and also on metal, chrome, stainless steel bathroom fixtures.

For your garbage disposal dump 1/2 cup of baking soda down, then 1/2 cup of straight Vinegar...!5 minutes later dump hot hot water down the drains..It's like a friendly version of Liquid plumber...

Vinegar kills 99.9% and it might stink at first turn on the fans or open the windows...
To clean your sinks or your toilets pour straight vinegar and it's just as effective as your Toxic cleaners.

I will post more when I have the time.

Thanks Jo for giving me the opportunity to learn about more effective ways to be kinder to our Mother Earth.

Be Green!

No comments: